THIS IS A DRAFT / NOT COMPLETE
There are a number of steps that need to be completed in order to fully withdraw and deactivate a student. Many school departments depend on these steps being fully performed on each student that withdraws.
IMPORTANT: Only follow these steps after a guardian has officially filed to withdraw their student.
- Ask teachers to submit a final grade for the withdrawing student
- Notate where the student will be transferring to
- Have they completed a high school check-out sheet?
- Technology must be checked in or at least returned
- Refund or collect remaining school fees or lunch balances
- Run the "Transfer Out of School" special function in PowerSchool
- Verify information under the student's "Transfer Info" screen
- Submit EXIT report to KIDS website
- Send records to new school upon request