The following directions should be used to add a new class section or course for a specific teacher at a specific class period.
NOTE: Class sections should not ever be deleted. They can be reassigned to a dummy teacher account but rarely deleted.
PART I - PREPARE:
First you need a few pieces of information in order to create a new section of a class or course. Please have these well in mind prior to starting Part II.
- Course Number.
- Be sure to pick the correct course number. Think about these variables while choosing one: Dual Credit, Special Ed, Virtual, IDL, On Campus, or CTE.
- Semester & Period that class is held.
- Teacher or Assigned Instructors.
- Co-teachers if desired.
PART II - CREATE SECTION:
- In PowerSchool choose the School (from the upper right) where the section will be created.
- Click Teacher Schedules from the left sidebar menu.
- Click the Teacher's Name where you will create the new section.
- Click the button labeled New.
- Enter the Course Number.
- Check one single period when the class will be held.
- Hx = X Hour (Attendance & Grades)
- SR = Seminar (Attendance & Grades)
- CL = College (For Grades Only)
- Choose the Term or semester the class will be held.
- Optional: If needed choose additional options
- Click submit at the bottom of the page.